The process for NC divorces can be a tricky one. Make sure you know the best practices for dealing with your divorce or separation.
8 Legal Tips for Divorce and Separation
- You should seek advice from legal counsel prior to moving out of your residence.
- Do not sign any document prior to its review by an attorney.
- Do not file for divorce unless you have resolved your issues of property distribution and spousal support.
- Good legal advice prior to separating can potentially save you thousands of dollars.
- No law requires a couple to prepare and sign paperwork (such as a separation agreement) when they separate.
- Oral agreements at the time of separation (concerning the rights and duties of the couple) are difficult to prove and impossible to enforce.
- Legal documents, such as separation agreements, are best prepared by attorneys. Would you attempt to remove your engine from your automobile when it needs repair?
- Do not procrastinate in consulting with an attorney.
Get More Legal Advice From A Seasoned NC Divorce Lawyer
The attorneys at Alexander & Doyle, P.A. have been assisting clients in Holly Springs, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Cary, and the greater Raleigh, NC area with their divorce and separation for over 20 years.
Schedule your consultation to see how 20+ years of experience can be leveraged in your NC divorce and separation case.